Planning A Zip Line Wedding
Yes, you can definitely get married on a zip line! Here are a few simple ideas to get you started.
Choose a Venue
Talk to a zip line service about getting married in the sky. Many zip line professionals will be excited to work with you on plans for your big day. There are several things to consider when looking at venues.
- Find a venue in a beautiful location that speaks to your personality as a couple. If you are beach addicts, plan your zip line adventure along the shore. Adventurous couples might want to check out a jungle location or a venue in a rarely visited country.
- Decide if you want to have the ceremony on the zip line itself or if you want to say your vows on the platform and then take a celebratory ride. If you literally want to get married on the zip line you will need a service that allows you to stop and start again.
- If you are inviting friends and family, choose a location with an appropriate reception venue near by.
Find a Willing Officiant
Understand that the minister in the church where you grew up may not be into officiating your ceremony on a zip line. Start looking for someone right away. If you don't have anyone in mind, try asking the zip line service for a recommendation.
Shop for Clothing
There is no reason you cannot wear traditional wedding styles on a zip line. However, you may need to make some changes to stay comfortable and safe. Consider a short length on dresses and a minimum of embellishment on everyone's choices.
Have Fun Getting Creative
If you are going to have a wedding that's outside the box, you might as well let your imagination run wild.
- Create one of a kind invitations. They could open with a faux zipper or feature a pop-up image of a rain forest.
- Decorate your venue with flowers that are local to the area where you are going to get married. Carry or wear just one flower that really moves you.
- Write special vows for your zip line adventure. Remind each other that this is the first adventure you will share in the lifetime of excitement that is to come.
- Give guests passes to enjoy the zip line themselves after the ceremony or the next day. That way everyone can get in on the zip line action.
- Don't forget to take pictures and buy yourself a unique picture frame as a memory of your very special day.
A zip line wedding will surprise and delight your friends and family, and it will create a ceremony that you will never forget.